Definitions and interpretation
Data: collectively all information that you submit to FoMMP via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws: any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR: the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Friends of Marple Memorial Park (FoMMP, we or us): c/o The Marple Website of 72 Woodville Drive, Marple, Stockport, Greater Manchester, SK6 7QX;
UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you: any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by FoMMP and acting in the course of their employment or (if) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to FoMMP and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: the website that you are currently using, https://www.marplememorialpark.org.uk.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws. FoMMP/The Marple Website is the "data controller". This means that FoMMP/The Marple Website determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you if you submit one of the forms on the Website:
b. contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
c. IP address (automatically collected);
d. operating system (automatically collected);
e. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website. and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you: and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. FoMMP / The Marple Website will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website forms, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register for the Friends of Marple Memorial Park 50-50 Club;
c. when you register as a Friends of Marple Memorial Park volunteer;
d. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
e. when you elect to receive communications from us.
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect non-personal Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some non-personal information about your visit to the Website, such as which pages are visited. This information helps us understand how our Website is being used and may help us to make improvements to Website content and navigation. We cannot tell which pages you visit personally - it is just a counter.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. notification of Task Days, Events and News;
c. in order to respond to your enquiries or complaints;
c. administration of the Friends of Marple Memorial Park 50-50 Club.
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights" below).
Who we share Data with
11. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. Friends of Marple Memorial Park for the purpose of administering the 50-50 Club;
b. Stockport Council Officers and / or Marple Local Councillors if you submit a complaint or request for services;
c. Nobody else, we will only share your Data with others if required by law;
Keeping Data secure
12. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. we store your Data on secure servers.
13. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data please let us know immediately by getting in touch via the Contact Us page.
14. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
16. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
17. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase- the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
18. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via the Contact Us page.
19. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us: you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/
20. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other web sites
23. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message requesting your consent to set those Cookies. These cookies are set by Joomla, the Content Management System we use for this site. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling the CMS to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; in which case certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
26. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that or any other, right or remedy.
27. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Friends of Marple Memorial Park via the Contact Us.